For all employees required to use respiratory protection, an initial fit-testing and training is required and must be repeated at least annually, provided that the employee continues to require respiratory protection for their employment. Training on the department’s specific written Respiratory Protection Program must also be performed at least annually. Complete the following steps for initial and annual renewal.
- The department must have a written Respiratory Protection Program.
- Complete the online Respirator Use training program.
- Fill out the UHS medical clearance form and Respiratory Hazard Assessment Form.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- EHS will contact you for fit testing once your medical questionnaire is approved.
If you are not sure whether you or your staff need respiratory protection, complete the Respiratory Hazard Assessment Form.